When the quarter comes to an end, I find myself in a constant state of S-T-R-E-S-S. If you’re anything like me, the only thing that can cure that stress, is C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E. I generally take comfort in the dining hall vegan brownies, but the amount of oil in those things is quite frankly, disturbing. These quick and easy brownies bake like a cake, yet still give you a deliciously dense brownie in the end. These tantalizing treats take less than an hour to make and are sure to keep all the stress at bay. This recipe is based off of the Vegan Brownies recipe from Allrecipes with my own additions.
Ingredients2 cups of flour 1 ½ cups of white sugar ½ cup almond milk ½ cup water ¾ cup coconut oil ¾ cocoa powder 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons cinnamon Optional: peanut butter chips for some extra sweetness
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour in almond milk, water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir thoroughly. The batter will be thick, so use those muscles!
- Add optional peanut butter chips, and fold into batter.
- Pour into a 9 inch x 13 inch pan, smooth into corners with spatula and bake in oven for 35 minutes. You can check if it’s done by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s finished!