By Alyssa Evans One man was taken to the Bellingham St. Joseph’s Hospital after an apartment fire Monday, Oct. 17. The fire occurred at 1150 Ellis St. around 8:30 p.m. No one else was harmed due to the fire, according to Battalion Chief Cary Gustafson of the Bellingham Fire Department. Apartment residents Veronica Saibel and Patrick Mills were in the apartment watching YouTube videos at the time of the fire, and Saibel said the man taken to the hospital was cooking. “I thought at first it was a fight,” Saibel said. Saibel said she didn’t know how much damage had been done to the apartment. Junior Kyle Sullivan, a psychology major, is a resident of the apartment complex and was home when the explosion occurred. Sullivan and his friend Devin DeBono were playing the card game Magic: The Gathering when they heard something tumbling down the stairs, Sullivan said.