Cheap & Easy Recipes: Gluten free lemon poppy seed bread
Getting tired of your everyday breakfast routine of boring, plain toast? Yeah, me too. Zest up your breakfast by making a loaf of lemon poppy seed bread! Cut a slice or two and eat it cold, warm it up in the microwave or toast it up in the toaster. Take it on the go, pair it with a nice cup of green tea, or my favorite way, slab on a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. This bread is yummy and refreshing and not to mention, gluten free!
I understand how hard it can be to find gluten free baked goods that don’t taste like cardboard, since I am gluten free myself. I chose this recipe because once you put the effort into baking it, you have breakfast for the next week or so. Plus, it’s delicious, so it’s a win-win situation. I combined two recipes, one from Buzzfeed and one from allrecipes.com.
3 tablespoons poppy seed
1 whole squeezed lemon
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups milk
1 cup sugar
2 cups gluten free flour
1 cup ground oatmeal flour
1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease your bread pan or pans
- Mix together eggs, milk, extracts, lemon juice and zest, sugar, salt, vegetable oil and poppy seeds
- Slowly pour in flowers to make a thick consistency
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. To check to see if bread is done, stick a toothpick into the middle of the load. If it comes out clean, then it’s done!
- Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!