By: Zachery Slagle
Here’s an entrée that’s too easy and too delicious not to try!
It’s known as the Taco Ring and it’s as easy to make as it is light on your wallet. With leftovers included, $10 can feed you and your roommate. Only if they paid rent though.
- .5-.75 lbs of 90 percent hamburger
- 2 rolls of Pillsbury croissants
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Salad bar veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc.)
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- A pinch of parsley
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Cook hamburger on med temp. until fairly broken up but not fully cooked
- Cut your veggies into bite size pieces
- Once the hamburger is broken apart, cook its final stage with veggies. Continue to break apart meat as small as possible
- Wait to add taco seasoning until veggies cook with the hamburger for flavor, then add seasoning
- Simmer mixture on low temp. as meat marinates. Prepare croissant rolls in baking dish in star shape with each triangle being a point. Try not to use all of the triangles for filling in gaps later on
- Flatten out the base and lay your first layer of cheddar cheese
- Slather your meat and veggies into the center of the pie. Try to contain the meat into a dome of hamburger. Cover mountain of meat with rest of cheese
- Fold over points of pie and connect at the top. Gaps should be filled the best they can. I usually have leftover croissants to fill gaps.
- Melt butter and apply to exterior. Spread parsley
- Bake for five to eight minutes, until golden. Then rotate baking pan for another five to eight minutes12. Remove and let it sit for a couple minutes. Cut and enjoy!