Vegan Recipes: Cake brownies
When the quarter comes to an end, I find myself in a constant state of S-T-R-E-S-S. If you’re anything like me, the only thing that can cure that stress, is C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E.
I generally take comfort in the dining hall vegan brownies, but the amount of oil in those things is quite frankly, disturbing. These quick and easy brownies bake like a cake, yet still give you a deliciously dense brownie in the end. These tantalizing treats take less than an hour to make and are sure to keep all the stress at bay.
2 cups of flour
1 ½ cups of white sugar
½ cup almond milk
½ cup water
¾ cup coconut oil
¾ cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Optional: peanut butter chips for some extra sweetness
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour in almond milk, water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir thoroughly. The batter will be thick, so use those muscles!
- Add optional peanut butter chips, and fold into batter.
- Pour into a 9 inch x 13 inch pan, smooth into corners with spatula and bake in oven for 35 minutes. You can check if it’s done by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s finished!