Man and the Mascara: Keeping skin healthy through the winter
The world of cosmetics is always changing, what’s good for you one day might give you chemical burns the next. What works for you might not work for everyone else. This week I got the opinion of another cosmetic enthusiast. Western Junior Keara King is gives us her 5 “must-do’s” for keeping your skin healthy through the harsh winter months.
Keara’s Tips and Tricks for healthy winter skin:
- Stay Hydrated! Healthy skin comes from within, and dry skin can be prevented with simply keeping yourself well hydrated all winter.
- Wear SPF even in the winter. Even though it’s cloudy, our skin is exposed to harmful sun rays so keep wearing SPF foundation.
- Wear your favorite hydrating lip balm. Lips dry out also.
- Lightly exfoliate skin in the shower and make sure to moisturize after. When you exfoliate you are removing the upper layer of dead skin cells, and along with that dirt and grime sitting on your skin. When you remove dead skin cells it also allows moisture to easily enter your skin.
- Get out doors and stay active! Sweat cleanses pores and keeps not just your skin healthy but your body healthy as well.